Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Roanoke
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until you need it. Then you count on it running correctly so your Roanoke basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can cease running for several different reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t working correctly, contact the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and give you preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit working for a couple of different reasons:
- Power loss
- Lack of maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to ensure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in acceptable shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Ensure the pump is straight and not tilting to one side, since this can lead the pump to not turn on when required.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, drop a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump turns on and pulls out the water quickly.
- During drought-like forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of insurance to defend your home from water damage, trust the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to confirm yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 540-302-8645 or schedule an appointment online.