End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Roanoke Home
A normal home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water annually on account of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters are simple to locate. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or cracked water supply lines can go unnoticed for a long time.
A water leak can be costly. You’re paying for extra water you don’t want, and leaks can wreak havoc on your home.
That’s why it’s critical to detect and stop the slightest leaks.
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here to help you accomplish just that. We have the expertise for professional leak detection and water line repair in Roanoke.
6 Signs You May Have a Plumbing Leak
Pinpointing and taking care of leaks are the most routine calls we receive for plumbing services. Repairing a leak immediately can help you avoid expensive water damage. Some leaks may be harder to spot than others, but there are several telltale hints that you need to contact a plumber in Roanoke. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is bigger than average.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your tub, or your water looks rusty.
- Floors or walls seem wet or soft.
- You see water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s moist soil or erosion by your home’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you suspect you have a leak but can’t see the proof, check your water meter:
- Make sure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Examine the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is typically a triangular dial or tiny silver disc. If the dial is moving, you probably have a leak.
We can find the source of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or possibly damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the locations water is used in your home, there are many spots you could find a leak.
Leaks can be caused by cracked seals around water connectors, corroded pipes, blockages and more.
They frequently happen:
- On water supply lines and connections under the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, notably ones that are getting old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you discover evidence of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we back all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 540-302-8645 or schedule an appointment online.