Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Roanoke
Furnace won’t start? Reset button keeps tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and freezing in Roanoke, the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can help.
Sometimes, you can repair issues with your oil-burning furnace alone. There are a couple of things you can take a look at before getting in touch with us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be too low. Make sure that it’s switched to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature shuts down your furnace when it detects trouble. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is unobstructed. Once you’ve checked those areas, only press the reset button once. Pressing it several times could cause fuel oil to become concentrated and spark a fire once the furnace begins running.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be full and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s an issue with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a few drops of electric motor oil on them after shutting down your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our professional service technicians. Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for oil furnace repair service when:
- Using the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely means there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be observed in the burner chamber
- Burner works but does not fire
- Other troubleshooting ideas don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can determine the problem when your oil furnace won’t start.
Our professionals have gone through in-depth testing to earn the highest HVAC standard, NATE certification. They are ready to handle most any heating repair. And all our repairs are backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Regular maintenance can help you avoid furnace service calls. Once we get your furnace working, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning technicians can suggest a membership plan that could decrease pricey repairs and make your furnace heat more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on energy costs.