Preventing it from happening is the most crucial step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Roanoke.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when used correctly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, because it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Check gas appliances are running properly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.