What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?
Stopping it from happening is the most crucial step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Roanoke.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when used right but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This ensures chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are running properly, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe comfort by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.