Your HVAC system is essential to home comfort and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these features for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever broken down on a scorching summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with emergency repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if there was a way to maintain a continuous source of clean, conditioned air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like getting an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to schedule tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly endorse signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it’s easy to forget about setting up furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unfamiliar with why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Uncover small problems right away: Issues with your home comfort system often develop gradually. When a technician checks the internal components annually, it’s possible to find and fix little problems before they become big headaches.
- Lower the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the risk of a mid-season breakdown decreases.
- Smaller repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected amount that eliminates the need for numerous major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that yearly maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Boost home comfort: When your home comfort system operates the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for even temperatures and more balanced humidity in your home.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer than a neglected one, saving you on early replacement equipment.
- Ensure safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit grants peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working as intended.
- Protect your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they demand once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in upkeep now shields you from pricey repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can typically expect same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning to replace your HVAC system? An HVAC agreement gives you access to the quickest installs available, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you disappointed, the technician will return to make things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to answer any questions you have before registering. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.