When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water appears clear, it might still be hiding toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people dislike the taste of contaminated tap water and recognize the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have safe drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you might first think about continuing the bottled water route. But of course, this gets costly fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also supply healthier water much more easily because you can get it right from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to maximize the benefits everywhere you use water in your home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out hazardous contaminants. Then, contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but some of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that legal water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can become concentrated in the water main after heavy rains. While typically harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban settings. However, this disinfectant creates harmful chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. A few DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just threaten you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to come with bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help choosing a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.