Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Roanoke, you may be thinking—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are several aspects to think about, plus the advantages of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you buying? A lot of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This saves energy and maximizes comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you rely on a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your house comfy. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the correct advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you replace both components at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are correctly sized, there aren’t usually any big imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can skip the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the best efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and decreasing your monthly energy costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. Meanwhile, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in at once. And you could even qualify for a special deal because you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the cost of replacing your complete system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 540-302-8645 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.