Air conditioners don’t work forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to think about, plus the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you installing? Lots of homeowners are replacing their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This saves energy and maximizes comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your house comfy. A modern air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you replace both components at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any big imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system stops working. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the best efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and reducing your monthly energy costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have gone toward an upgraded furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at once. And you could even qualify for a discount because you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to replace your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the cost of replacing your entire system can worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 540-302-8645 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.