We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review common furnace and heating issues Roanoke homeowners often call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning about. Although there are potentially hundreds of reasons why your Roanoke home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Here are the top five issues that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat malfunctions causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air circulation problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overload or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters resulting in airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in intermittent or no heat
5. Lack of maintenance may cause unforeseen breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (in addition to emmense homeowner frustration!)
Each of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can quickly detect the problem area and make the necessary repairs. Getting a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could advert practically all heating problems that result in no heat or low comfort levels. When you get a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they run correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Vital items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also primary elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, particularly if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a regular basis.
Contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning of Roanoke at 540-302-8645 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.