We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to review the common heating problems Roanoke homeowners often call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning about. Although there are potentially hundreds of reasons why your Roanoke home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Below is a list of the top five issues that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat malfunctions resulting in no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air circulation problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace overheating or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters resulting in airflow and comfort problems
4. Problem with the furnace ignition or pilot light, resulting in sporadic or no heat
5. Lack of maintenance may cause unanticipated breakdowns, poor comfort or escalated energy costs (in addition to emmense homeowner frustration!)
Every one of these common issues can be addressed by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can quickly spot the problem area and make the necessary repairs. Getting a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could prevent practically all heating problems that result in no heat or low comfort levels. When you get a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they work correctly and at maximum efficiency during the heating season. Vital items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also key elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age have the potential to pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a regular basis.
Contact Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning of Roanoke at to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.