As far as energy-efficient HVAC installation in Roanoke, there’s good news for your family at tax time.
The Residential Energy Efficient Property Credit has been lengthened through 2020. This could entitle you to reductions for energy-efficient home modifications, like updated heating and cooling units, water heaters and heat pumps.
What Equipment is Eligible?
To become eligible for the credit, the home should be the taxpayer’s primary house in the U.S. The improvement needs to have a life of a minimum of five years, with the first use originating with you.
What Kinds of Enhancements are Eligible to be High-Efficiency Upgrades?
Generally, this tax reduction is equivalent to 10% of the expense of the ensuing energy-saving changes that achieve particular ENERGY STAR® guidelines:
- Advanced main air-circulating fans
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil furnaces
- Energy-efficient gas, propane or oil hot water boilers
- Energy-efficient heat pumps
- Energy-efficient water heaters
- Energy-efficient central air conditioners
- Particular metal and asphalt roofing
- Particular exterior storm windows, skylights and storm doors
- Solar/geothermal energy solutions, for instance solar electricity, solar water heaters and geothermal heat pumps
Is There a Limit to How Much I Can Claim?
Yes, there’s a lifetime limit of $500 per home. This means if you have claimed this incentive in prior years, you should reduce any credit you previously claimed.
If you have claimed the maximum amount, you aren’t eligible for any additional incentives through this expansion.
Credit Limits for Certain Units
Credits have a limit for a few participating solutions:
- Windows and skylights—$200
- Advanced main air circulation—$50
- Hot water boilers—$150
- Energy-efficient units—$300
If you have questions about how you can benefit from the extension of the residential energy efficient property tax credit, download Form 5695 or contact your tax advisor for assistance.
Upgrade Your Heating and Cooling System Today
Been procrastinating buying new heating and cooling system? Call the Experts at 540-302-8645 or contact us online. We can help you select an energy-efficient system you can earn tax benefits from the following year.