How Often Do I Need Air Conditioner Service in Roanoke?
Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your AC unit suddenly goes out. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. What a disaster!
Regular air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this problem. But how do you know when it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has any issues? Find out why taking a proactive strategy is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC Experts highly recommend servicing it a minimum of once each year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, preventing potential concerns and increasing its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time of year. This makes it possible for you to fix growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is past, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to increasing cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioning tune-up is a detailed process involving various steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not recommended. Here are some key aspects of the work conducted during a routine service appointment:
- Careful inspection: The technician looks over your air conditioning unit for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and lessen wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to promote safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals advise doing this in your home every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down the way it should.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners question if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less energy to keep your home cool, which translates into lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your AC unit every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Higher air quality: A clean cooling system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, regular AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on premature replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, complicated and expensive repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To maximize your savings, think about investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and budget. You’ll enjoy several benefits no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when arranging appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, routine AC maintenance is very important for boosting performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, preferably in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with skilled professionals, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.