There are a lot of vapors that could be within your Roanoke residence. Natural gas and vapors that originate from residential fixtures, carpet and paints. Not one of these fumes are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 540-302-8645 right away to get started defending your family against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Deadly?
Carbon monoxide might be a big deal, so it’s not a thing to take lightly.
1. You Can’t See It
Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot observe it, detect it with your nose or taste it. It’s not as dangerous in little concentrations and can’t be filtrated.
2. It Can Be Fatal Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a result of burnt fuel. It can leak into your home during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. While it depends on how big the leak is and the circulation in a house, carbon monoxide may become deadly in within minutes.
Once taken in, it has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are inhaling fresh air, you will need five hours to remove it from your system. It requires an extra five hours to reduce that concentration by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mimic Other Illnesses
The gas could also mimic conditions that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.
How to Protect Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several steps you can do to keep your residence safe:
- Each home with at least one gas heater, attached garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide alarm. You should have a detector on each level of your home, in addition to the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide detector in your residence?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 540-302-8645 to get one. Ask our Experts about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
- If you already own a carbon monoxide alarm, frequently test or swap out the batteries. You should check batteries every three months, and buy a new detector every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm alerts you to danger, leave your house right away and dial 911.
Protect Your Loved Ones with Assistance from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the proper steps your family can be guarded from the toxic gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 540-302-8645 to learn more.