It’s cold out there. Much of the country is layering up for some below freezing temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks by outer walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not operational, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.