Booking annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Checkups keep your air conditioner system in Roanoke running at its top performance while keeping electricity consumption low. It also can even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are a few tasks you can complete on your own, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can take alone as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that includes a hefty dose of house, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temperatures near, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC upkeep on that checklist.
Spring is a great time to get your AC system freshened and examined. Hesitating to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be risky. If you have to have repair or installation, you might be waiting days for a technician. And that could get very unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being one step ahead with a clean cooling system will help provide the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, cooling upkeep can be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance Alone?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your cooling system in the best condition:
- Replace your air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and may lower your equipment’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is very necessary if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn upkeep around the outside condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your AC system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free area. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have fallen into your unit, as this can impede airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 540-302-8645, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already finished. Then our Experts begin the finer details. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to ensure safe comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to avoid reduced airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from dirt and weeds.
- Examining controls to ensure your equipment is turning on, operating and shutting off like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that involve additional action, we are prepared to offer you the most economical solution. Finding possible issues in a timely manner might solve bigger issues later. This also provides you time to plan if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you are seeking a new AC system, our Experts will assist you to select the right model for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to request your tune-up? Call us at 540-302-8645 or schedule an appointment online today.