Planning annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Checkups keep your air conditioner system in Roanoke operating at its top performance while keeping utility needs low. It also can even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are a few tasks you can finish on your own, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and service.
Here are several steps you can take alone as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a period of rejuvenation, and to many that includes a hefty dose of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temps approaching, it’s also a great idea to put AC maintenance on that listing.
Spring is the best time to get your AC system freshened and examined. Delaying to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be risky. If you have to schedule repair or a new unit, you might be waiting a long time for a technician. And that may get very unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a clean cooling system will help provide the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, cooling service can be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance on My Own?
There are procedures that you can do to help keep your cooling system in the best condition:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters restrict airflow and may lower your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance around the outside condenser. Make sure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your AC equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also clear any leaves or sticks that have fallen into your unit, since this might impede airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 540-302-8645, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then our pros start the nuts and bolts. We’ll inspect your system and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure safe cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to avoid reduced airflow.
- Freshening the outdoor coil to remove any buildup from dirt and grass.
- Examining controls to ensure your equipment is switching on, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to make sure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that involve additional action, we are prepared to provide you the most cost-effective solution. Uncovering possible troubles in a timely manner might solve bigger troubles down the road. This also offers you time to plan if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you are seeking a new AC system, our Experts will assist you to select the right model for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to book your tune-up? Contact us at 540-302-8645 or schedule an appointment online today.